e2E has been at the forefront of innovation in the space sector, specialising in satellite communications, for two decades, offering to all our world-wide stakeholders unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems. Our portfolio of consultancy services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development and operations. To both commercial and defence related domains, we also offer unique modular and agile technology to enable a more user-friendly and accessible use of satellite communication resources.
Innovation and ingenuity are the guiding principles of anything we do for our customers. Working with e2E requires a high level of dedication and personal motivation, commitment and a drive to continually seek to strive to improve – and the results consistently achieved over the years, at both personal and team levels, are outstanding and make e2E a great place to work.
The successful candidate will be employed on various aspects of the systems engineering lifecycle with an ever-expanding customer base, developing new systems for Defence and Government programmes. As part of a dedicated team of engineers the role will involve working closely with our lead partners to ensure a seamless integration of a new hardware and software to meet programme requirements. The candidate is expected to support change management implementations, design reviews and requirements management activities.
- System Design and Implementation: Collaborate with stakeholders, including business analysts, software developers, and network administrators, to design and implement reliable and scalable computer systems and infrastructure. Ensure that systems meet the technical requirements, performance goals, and security standards.
- System Integration: Integrate various hardware and software components to ensure seamless interoperability and functionality of the system. Identify and resolve integration issues and collaborate with vendors or internal teams to implement appropriate solutions.
- System Monitoring and Maintenance: Develop and implement monitoring solutions to proactively identify and address system issues, performance bottlenecks, and security vulnerabilities. Perform regular system maintenance tasks, including updates, patches, backups, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Investigate and resolve complex system-related issues, working closely with the technical support team and other stakeholders. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement effective solutions.
- Documentation and Reporting: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including system configurations, installation procedures, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures. Generate reports on system performance, capacity, and availability, and provide recommendations for improvements or optimizations.
- System Security: Collaborate with cybersecurity experts to implement and maintain robust security measures, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data. Implement access controls, vulnerability assessments, and security patches to protect against threats.
- Technology Evaluation and Recommendations: Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in system engineering. Evaluate new tools, frameworks, and technologies that can enhance system performance, reliability, and efficiency. Make recommendations for system upgrades or enhancements.
Skills, Character and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within Space/SATCOM in Defence, European or UK Space programmes or a similar field.
- Degree educated in an Engineering discipline or professional experience demonstrating equivalent competence in the discipline may be acceptable.
- Strong knowledge of system engineering principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of system security best practices and experience with security tools and practices.
- Ability to produce project technical documentation such as SRD, URD, ICDs.
- Ensuring alignment and coherence with Architectural models, including service models.
- Ensuring alignment with Security Architecture as required.
- Providing and documenting analysis to support architectural choices.
- Modelling and documenting As-Is, To-Be and transitional architecture.
- Carrying out and documenting review cycles for Architectural models.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a detail-oriented and proactive approach.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Must be a UK national and hold or qualify for UK SC Clearance.
- Travel within UK to customer sites.
- Able to understand and produce satellite link budgets and produce end-to-end design including space segment, anchoring and backhaul based on customer’s requirements.
- Knowledge of standards of system or enterprise engineering (inc MBSE principles, SysML or TOGAF)
- Modelling and documenting As-Is, To-Be and transitional architecture
- Knowledge of IEC/ISO 15288 (Systems & Software)
- Experience in using requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cradle etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office packages inc MS Project and Visio.
- Attractive compensation package dependent on skills/experience.
- Growing list of Company benefits.
- By submitting your CV/application you are consenting to e2E Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application of future employment. This information will only be used by e2E Group.
e2E Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.